- MBBS, University of Delhi (1977).
- DTCD (1981).
- MD Pulmonary Medicine, University of Delhi (1984).
- DNB Respiratory Medicine (1985), FNCCP.
- Received formal training in Critical Care Medicine at Loyola University Medical Center, Chicago, USA as a WHO fellow.
- Received formal training in Sleep Medicine at Stanford University, Palo Alto, USA as WHO Fellow.
- Consultant, Professor, and Head, Department of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, India.
Memberships in Professional Societies:
- Founder President and Chairman – Indian Sleep Disorders Association.
- Past President – National College of Chest Physicians.
- Vice President – Asian Society of Sleep Medicine.
- Fellow – National College of Chest Physicians & Indian Chest Society.
- Fellow – American College of Chest Physicians.