Key Professional Achievements:
- Introduced the field of Clinical Sleep Medicine in India.
- Established the first state-of-the-art sleep lab of India at Safdarjung Hospital in 1990.
- Established the first critical care unit under Physician cares exclusively in north India in 1990.
- Established the first comprehensive Department of Pulmonary, Critical care, and Sleep Medicine in India at Safdarjung Hospital in 1990.
- Started the DM program in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, the second center in India.
- As Vice-Principal (academic) of VMMC, was instrumental in developing the course curriculum and examination ordinances for the MBBS students at GGS IP University.
Contributions to Indian National Programmes:
- He has contributed to the development of various national programs including the National TB control program (RNTCP) in 1994 and the National COPD Program of the Govt. of India in 2016.
- He has helped frame national guidelines for H1N1 Influenza, Flu Vaccine, COPD, Asthma, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and Insomnia.
- Represented India at WHO meeting for the development of international H1N1 guidelines in Geneva in 2010.
- Conducted eight-five days Course-cum-Workshops for the training of master trainers on the intensive care management of H1N1 patients as course director at Safdarjung hospital at the initiative of the Ministry of Health And Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Conducted 3 three-day course-cum-workshops at Srinagar for training the doctors of Jammu and Kashmir in the management of medical emergencies at high altitude for the care of pilgrims of Amarnath Yatra as a Course Director at the initiative of the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India.
- Developed guidelines for the recommendation of CPAP, BPAP, and Oxygen concentrator to the beneficiaries of Central Govt. Health Scheme as National Advisor.
- National advisor for the pulmonary group at the Drug Controller General India for the screening of new proposals of drug trials submitted by various pharmaceutical companies.